About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mini drama

TheBloke (TM) is no stranger to the comedy voice.  Usually delivered in a falsetto, he will frequently adopt a Mexican / French / Italian accent (that's not three different accents, by the way, it's just impossible to pin a location on the voice) and say something silly.

So be it.

Anyway, a while back we were at a friend's wedding, staying in a hotel.  We'd both woken up early, had breakfast, had a potter around the city, and as the wedding wasn't until late afternoon, we had a bit of time.  As South Africa were playing rugby that day, TheBloke (TM) repaired to the hotel bar to watch sport, and I retired to our room and thought I'd chill out for a while.

After taking a bath I felt a bit sleepy, so snuggled down under the duvet.  I dozed for a while.  Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door.  I jumped, then remembered; we'd only been given one hotel key.  TheBloke (TM) needed to be let back in.  As I was starkers though, I thought I'd better do a quick check before opening the door.

"Who is it?" I trilled.

"Ees Minibar!" said TheBloke (TM) in one of his hilarious voices.

I laughed (out of pity, probably) and went to the door and opened it to let him in.

It wasn't TheBloke (TM).  It was the Mexican / French / Italian man the hotel employed to restock the minibar.  Who was looking, quite incredulously - though it has to be said, not entirely disapprovingly, at my tits.

I shut the door again, possibly not quickly enough to avoid quite an awkward moment.

And then hit the minibar.


No comments: