About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I scream

There are several reasons why I'm not a big fan of the overnight work trip.  Some of the reasons are to do with being bored of flight delays, consistently disappointed in hotels, and just a general feeling of preferring to be at home.

Some are to do with the fact that TheBloke (TM) is naughty when I am away.  To be fair, he's naughty when I'm at home too, but at least he is supervised for the majority of the time.

Whilst I was away in Glasgow, he told me that there had recently been a spate of ice cream burglaries in the area.  I said this was unlikely, and he said that the hot weather had driven them indoors in their search for ice cream.  I continued to express my doubt.

However, when I got home last night, and went to the freezer, I picked up this tub:

It felt suspiciously light.  I opened it.  The little wooden spoon which came with it had writing on, but it was no amusing joke, based on a pun as per the 1980s.  Instead it said "SOWEE" (sorry).

The tub was empty, but looked as though it had previously contained delights that were not only chocolatey, but also coconutty and possibly even caramelly.

Looking at the lid of the ice cream tub, further evidence came to light:



So I guess I owe TheBloke (TM) an apology.  It really was ice cream thieves.  We shall have to start locking our freezer.

No comments: