About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Festive feast

Well, Happy belated Christmas to all Ploggers.  As an atheist, it seems a bit strange to celebrate Christmas (particularly the Christ bit, though I'm OK with the mas part).  But it seems churlish to wish people happy holidays or seasons greetings.  So I'm re-Christening (or re-atheisting) Christmas.  Well, re-designating its meaning anyway.  From now on, Christmas shall mean "time of year when you get loads of time off work and decide - usually - to go and spend it with your family, until you can't take any more, then you go home and eat too much chocolate and are sometimes a bit sick".

Anyway, Christmas at the Nunn household was very nice.  Mr Nunn and my grandma did the bulk of the yummy cooking.  There was tobogganing, there was Monopoly (you are reading a Plog written by the 2010 reigning Monopoly champion, finally cracking Erica's winning streak), there were mince pies and there were hilarious Mrs Nunn moments.  My favourite was when she was talking about going into a bar in Turkey because it "had free wiffy".

"Wiffy?"

"Yes, wiffy.  I wanted to use the internet."  Ah.  Wi-fi.  Or wiffy as it shall for evermore be known in our house.

Anyway, because I've barely left the house for the last week, I thought you might like to see some of my latest baking projects.  You probably don't, but hey, my Plog, my content.  Rasp.

 Doughnuts.  Pre-cooking

 Bread and butter pudding


 Chicken pie - with homemade pastry

Best brownies ever.  A bit underdone in this photo, but much better once they'd been in the oven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy looking