About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, December 20, 2010

Germ warfare

Ploggers, Ploggers, where have I been?  I've been up to London to visit the Queen.

Well, not really.  Actually I've been alternatively sweating, sneezing, vomiting and many other revolting bodily functions that all come with winter flu.  It's been a few years since I've had "proper" flu, and God, it's rubbish.  On the plus side, I've lost 7lb in four days.  On the minus side, I now look so pale, I could use Tippex as concealer.

I had such plans for this weekend.  I was going to make some homemade mince pies, wrap all my Christmas presents, meet a friend for a drink in town... but basically I was relegated to the sofa, wrapped in a Slanket and had a tissue shoved up each nostril.  I made little snuffly noises whenever I needed TheBloke (TM) to bring me more liquids (mostly because I was expelling them pretty much constantly from all but one or two orifices).

TheBloke (TM) has been a fantastic nurse - has made me morsels of food when I've felt ready to eat something, has walked through a blizzard to get me Lucozade and ginger ale... and also has the cunning of a plague doctor, as he has somehow done all of this without coming into physical contact with me since I first said, "I feel a bit sniffly".  We're still sleeping in separate rooms at the moment, but if his new pyjamas look something like this, I may get a bit suspicious.

No comments: