About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

French kiss

There are certain responsibilities that come with being a sister.  The main one is to wind your siblings up at every possible opportunity.


I was whizzing through some old files on my laptop recently, and I came across a file I had lovingly put together whilst I was at university.  My brother - Jack - was off on a French exchange.  He was an enthusiastic, albeit, inexperienced francophone, and I, with my superior A-level knowledge, was keen to help him out.  Or destroy his life.


I'm afraid the below set of phrases won't be that interesting to anyone who doesn't speak French.  For the rest of you, you might have a giggle.  To this day, I bet Jack regrets asking to have his legs amputated.  Oh, how we laughed.

For your exchange partner's mother

Madame, vous sentez comme une vache.
I love your perfume

Madame, vous avez une belle maison – comment vous la payer?  La prostitution?
Your house is beautiful.  You must work really hard to keep it up.

Madame, ce repas goût du lapins morts.
Mmmm!  This meal is lovely!

Madame, votre fils est vraiment laid
Your son is going to grow up to be a fine young man.



For your exchange partner's father

Monsieur, votre femme est une grosse slapper.
You have a very attractive wife.

Monsieur, je vous pariez que vous avez un pénis comme un hamster
Gosh, you are tall, sir.

Monsieur, vous roulez comme une vieille dame qui n’a aucun yeux.  Aussi, votre voiture est comme une petite boîte française
Wow!  You’re a great driver, and I love your French car!



General useful phrases

Puis-je avoir un bain?  Oui, peut-être c’est pas normal en France, mais en Angleterre, nous nous lavons de temps en temps.

Can I have a bath, please?  I like to keep myself clean.

Je suis desolée – je ne peux pas le manger.  Non, je ne suis pas végétarian – simplement, je déteste votre cuisine 
I’m sorry, I can’t eat meat – I’m vegetarian.

Votre maison est un peu comme une porcherie, et je déteste votre famille.  J’espère que la famille est effacé par un météorite.
It’s been delightful staying with you and your family are great.  And hasn’t the weather been lovely?

Non, j’ai détesté votre musée stupide, et le picnic était horrible.  Demain puis-j’aller au cinéma?  Au cinéma je ne dois pas vous parler.
The museum was really interesting and the picnic was lovely.  Tomorrow could we go to the cinema?  I’d love to soak up even more of your fab French culture.

Les français sont comme les grands oignons.
The French are such superior beings.

J’avais eu plus d’amusement a l’école, à Latin 
Gosh, isn’t this fun?



Medical problems

Mon pénis est tombé au plancher
I have a sore throat.

Éteindrez mon ventilator, s’il vous plaît
I’m going to live, damn you!

Est-ce qu’il y a la posibilité d’une amputation des jambes?
I think I’ve sprained my ankle.


Homesickness

Je voudrais rester ici pour la reste de ma vie 
I’d really like to go home now.

Je voudrais télephoner aux États-Unis, pour quelques heures – c’est bon? 
Can I make a quick call home?

Votre maison – elle pue
Your house is lovely, but I’d like to phone home

Détruez tous mes lettres de l’Angleterre, s’il vous plaît.
Are there any English letters for me?



French culture

C’est vrai que seulment 2 personnes en France ont la capacité de lire et écrire?
Gosh, what a high level of literacy you have in France.

Tous vos “artistes” sont slips.
All your French artists are really good.  Not pants at all.

Qu’est-ce que c’est pour dîner ce soir?  Ca pu comme le cheval.
What’s for dinner tonight?  It smells lovely.


Chatting up girls

Mon dieu!  Tu est vraiment laide!  Je n’ai jamais vu une fille si laide!
I’ve noticed you around, and I find you very attractive.

Veux-tu coucher avec moi?  Maintenant?  Dans une boîte de téléphone?
Would you like to come to the cinema?

J’ai déjà couché avec ta mère et ta soeur – et son père et le chien.
I’ve met your mother and father – they’re lovely.  And your sister and your dog.

No comments: