About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Working 9-5 (well, Monday to Wednesday at least)

Well, it's been a whirlwind few weeks, with a return to (part-time) work meaning that I'm trying to fit in all my TV viewing into just two weekdays*.

I was a bit nervous about the return to the office, but so far, so good.  My favourite part (so far) is that when I want a chocolate digestive, I don't have to eat it with my head in a cupboard to prevent other people present from throwing a screaming tantrum until they get some too.  Apart from Clive in accounts, but he's a dick.

I also like the fact that lunch generally doesn't take 20 minutes to clean up, and I rarely have to pick porridge out of anyone's hair.  Having said that, I haven't actually seen my objectives yet.  I will let you know if they are more oat-based than expected.

What I'm not such a big fan of is the fact that over the last two years (pre-maternity wear), clearly there's something wrong with the Ikea wardrobe in our bedroom, as it appears to have slightly shrunk all of my clothes.  Nothing quite fits properly anymore, and most meetings have an air of frisson as each colleague is wondering which one of my buttons is going to pop first.  It would almost certainly take someone's eye out.  Clive from accounts has started wearing safety goggles.

TheBloke (TM) suggested that maybe it wasn't a faulty wardrobe, but may have something to do with the last twelve months of covert biscuit eating.  This is why he now walks with a limp.

* I don't actually do this, but TheBloke (TM) swears that looking after a baby all day basically involves me watching TV and ignoring her.  This is the main reason he hasn't had sex for the last 18 months.  With me at least.

No comments: