About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cold case

When you live in fear of something, you worry that voicing it might make it come true. That has been the case for me today. (Whispers...) I think I might have man flu.

I will be fair to myself - I've actually avoided any type of cold for pretty much exactly a year. As I normally get a cold every six months or so, I'm quite proud of my Vicks First Defence and echinacea combo to date. But I have a scratch sore-ish throat, and a teensy headache. If I were a man, I'd be curled up in bed by now, demanding food and a tummy rub. Or maybe that's golden retrievers. I get them mixed up.

I am SO ill (well, considering the possibility of a mild cold) that although an exciting new printer arrived for me today (big fan of the gadgets), I haven't even bothered opening the box. That is super-super-super ill. It is a very big box. The sort of box small children like to play games in. I hope when I open it that it doesn't contain small children. That would be frightening. Particularly as I'm unlikely to open the box until Saturday. I wouldn't want to be responsible for a child trapped in a box for a few days.

I think I might be rambling. It's probably the man flu fever. These things happen.

No comments: