About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Friday, November 14, 2008

Booked

Here are the most recent excuses I've given myself for not writing my novel:

  1. I'm tired
  2. I'll have more time if I do it tomorrow
  3. I'm not in the right mood
  4. I haven't seen this episode of The Simpsons... for a few months
  5. I have a slightly sore throat
  6. I need to update my Facebook status
  7. I ought to write a blog
  8. Oooh, look at the shiny shiny thing
  9. I don't have a printer and I need to do some editing before I can move forward with the plot in any meaningful way
  10. That shiny shiny thing is back

But the printer has arrived and has even been taken out of the box by TheBloke (TM). Not plugged in, obviously, but de-boxed. TheBloke (TM) will be watching five hours of blokey blokey rugby this weekend - apparently a gift to me so I can do some writing. He's so thoughtful. So I have a printer. And the TV will be otherwise engaged. There is no excuse not to churn out at least five thousand words tomorrow.

I have stolen some of the novel from the Plog. If you have a favourite Plog entry, let me know and if I can include it, I will. Cuts down the number of new words I have to write anyway.

3 comments:

Guillaume said...

Yeah, I know the feeling. I have a novel project that is stuck in creative limbo, and a couple of short stories I hope I will write one day. It seems any excuse is good to not write. The blog takes a lot of creative energy as well, which is a shame if you think of the small number of people reading it.

Laura said...

I like to assume that at least three thousand people read the Plog on a daily basis. Do not disillusion me.

;o)

Guillaume said...

Well, give me even half of that number and I would be happy...;-) Anyway, you have one more reader now.