About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Photo opportunity

Oh dear. I have lost another appliance in the household war. Whist Jessica remains a faithful companion (and I think the electric whisk is on my side), the new Epson printer has already showed a preference for TheBloke (TM).

Whilst I spent most of the afternoon yesterday cursing at the latest gadget and trawling internet forums for advice, TheBloke (TM) repaired to the bedroom to watch rugby and nonchalantly fiddle with his laptop. So to speak.

So, quietly in the living room I minded my own business. Suddenly I heard a popping noise. I reassured myself it was the fireworks outside the window. Then suddenly, without any warning at all, the printer burst into life - totally by itself and printed a test page. My PC wasn't even turned on.

TheBloke (TM) apparently pressed "connect printer wirelessly" on his PC in the bedroom and it did the rest for him. I had been trying that for approximately six hours. Then I stepped out the room and TheBloke (TM) configured my laptop in about twelve seconds. I think it's clear that the printer already has favourites.

Also, when I printed a test photo of TheBloke (TM) and me in Rome, the printer replaced the photo of my face with a picture of itself. Weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it isn't the printer or I may have felt guilty. So how is the print quality - other than inserting images of itself?

BTW A huge omission in your plog is the list of peripheral devices that have mysteriously 'stopped working' in your presence....!
RSN

Anonymous said...

Love it! :o)

Hazel