About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, September 03, 2009

A moving issue

It has been - for various reasons - a mostly rubbish few days. There have been some highlights (I would definitely recommend Forbidden Broadway at the Menier Chocolate Factory) and the cheese and bacon burgers at the Fourth Annual Barbecue Extravaganza were perhaps the best to date.

I would not, however, recommend The Royal London's A&E department as a fun place to spend your Bank Holiday Monday afternoon.

Or, as TheBloke (TM) keeps reminding me, "Do you remember that time you went to the barbecue when I had a fractured skull and a broken nose? Did you enjoy your barbecue?" Git.

That is by-the-by. It has been a fairly rubbish few days. But, something strange happened today. Something strange and a little bit wonderful. A company called "Move Me" called me. I assumed it was a removals company - I have been touting for a man and van as we're (hopefully) moving house soon. So I chuntered on to him about various quotations we'd had and how I wasn't yet in a position to make a decision.

He then told me he had a broken leg. I said, "Oh, well you're not going to be doing any removals any time soon, are you?" He sounded a bit confused.

I eventually found out why. The company he's from don't do removals. They do a brilliant, brilliant (free) service that enables you to change all your address details with utilities companies online, or, where you can't do it online, they provide templates for all banks and building societies, they have all the addresses on a database and you can print off the letter, sign it and put it in the post. Job done!

Weirdly though, I have no recollection of seeing this site. And, weirder still, it wouldn't let me sign up as I was apparently "already registered". When I tried logging in (using all the various passwords I'd ever choose), it wouldn't let me. So I genuinely don't think it was me who registered my address. Still, a simple password change request, and I've got full access to the site. Admittedly as a Mr Laura Nunn. The phone number and email address was right though.

I have a moving fairy! Woohoo! Not quite as good as a guardian angel, but at the minute I'll take what I can get.

No comments: