About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

History in the making

Well, as today is my 27th birthday, I guess I have to admit defeat on the husband hunt. Technically I still have about ten hours or so, but I'm beginning to think I should probably have started looking a little bit earlier.

It's probably for the best. I don't really want the responsibility of a husband. I recently thought about getting a rabbit and decided it was a bit too much to take on. Husbands need constant care, feeding and walks, by all accounts. And I'd have to get a small one because my flat isn't large.

Hopefully I have a nice evening planned. Dinner with my friends Sarah, Kath and Katy (who still smells of wee).

Oh - by the way - this might interest some of you: http://www.historymatters.org.uk/output/page96.asp

It's a project to record an average day in people's lives for historical purposes. They've chosen the date because apparently nothing important has ever happened on October 17. Thanks guys. Nice idea for a project though. And in four hundred years' time, historians will be saying, "What idiots! They thought that day was unimportant, and all the time it was Laura's 27th birthday. Weren't folk simple, back in 2006?"

7 comments:

Sara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Speaking of rabbits, I recently found pictures of when we were in "Alice in Wonderland" at Boothwood. I believe you were the rabbit. I was the stupid pink and orange crab with the bright pink face! Oh, memories...

Laura said...

Thanks Sara!

That's really, really strange - my parents were clearing out their loft the other day, and also came across the "Alice" photos, which they brought for me to see. Your crab costume was wicked. I remember getting told off at the dress rehearsal because I'd forgotten my White Rabbit's tights, and had to wear white ankle socks... which kind of spoiled the photo shoot!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ! Again.

Shame about the husband, I have a Bigsy all lined up and was going to pimp you on the blog. Could you still be persuaded and work on the principle that as officially the millenium didn't start until 2001, you are still 26 ?

Anonymous said...

Belated happy birthday!

You share a birthday with my mum, so it's quite an important date, really.

David.

Anonymous said...

Cathy...that is the most bizarre suggestion I've ever read! But anything to knock a year off one's age, I s'pose...

:o)

David.

Laura said...

I reckon I'm definitely only 26 still. In fact every birthday I have from now on, I'm going to get a year older, until I reach 18, and then I might edge up to about 22 again.

Good. Sorted.

Anonymous said...

Hey mate - we're counting back from 42 (remember from your 42 year old's purse at school) so you're about 32 now by my counting (but we all know I'm no good at that). :O)
H xx