About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Room with a view

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Have been a rubbish blogger. Things have been a bit silly this week and will continue to be until next week.

I spent the first part of the week in Birmingham. For once my hotel room was lovely: 17th floor of the Radisson, with brilliant views of the (slightly concretey) city. And, because there weren't many rooms left, I got an Executive Room, complete with flat-screen TV, underfloor heating in the bathroom, and a complimentary bottle of wine.

Typically I wasn't actually in the room all that much; aside from the 14-hour working days, I managed to catch up with some Birmingham friends who have a new baby, and my parents also came across to see me. We went to Le Petit Blanc - a Raymond Blanc restuant. It was very good, especially considering I thought Raymond Blanc wrote The Snowman. Turns out he can cook a decent dinner too.

It was a slightly upmarket restaurant. This didn't faze Mrs Nunn, who walked boldly in with her three carrier bags from Poundland and insisted on being seated far away from the smoky bar area. And would they mind holding on to her carriers? Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It was very good, especially considering I thought Raymond Blanc wrote The Snowman. Turns out he can cook a decent dinner too."

Hahahahaha !

That is all.

Sara said...

cough... restaurant... cough cough. I'm sure this was just a keyboard slip-up; besides, I'm a crap speller. I distictly remember in Booth Wood asking you to help me spell all the time!!!

I don't see any stand-up dates for November yet. Are you planning on adding any? I'd love to see you perform while I'm in town (Nov 17-27).

~ Sara

Laura said...

Hi Sara

Nothing in diary for November yet, but I can probably turn up on the night somewhere and get on stage.

Do you fancy staying with me for some of those dates? Drop me an email separately and we'll sort something out.

L x

Anonymous said...

Laura -is that "turning up somewhere and getting on stage" closely followed by ejection by the bouncers and threats of restraining orders...again?

Cos that'd be funny....

Anonymous said...

It was two carrier bags from Poundland. TWO. Get it right. That's where I bought your Birthday presents. Did you like them?