About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Katy smells of wee

Ladies and gentlemen (and, potentially, squirrels), I have a new job! Yay! This will come as a surprise to those of you who know me as a successful stand-up comic, but believe it or not, at the moment comedy is still very much a hobby to me, and the hard cash comes from a day job.

I don't write much about work on my Plog, deliberately. I don't want to get in one of those nasty legal situations for saying something about the company in public, and also, it's not that interesting for anyone who doesn't work with me. So I haven't been telling you that I've been job-hutning, albeit within the same company. I've been working on a secondment for the last few months; I've been loving the job, but there was nothing permanent to it. As I wanted to progress my career, rather than go back to my old job, as my secondment has been drawing to an end, I've been thinking about what to do next. And the last few weeks have been very hard for me. I've been working away from home a lot, and on top of that, have had stress with interviews, preparation and so on.

And on Friday, I got the job I wanted most of all. Anyone who happened to be near Mansion House on Friday evening may or may not have seen me do a little dance.

And a lovely weekend ensued. Saw some friends for lunch on Saturday - Erica, Dean, Katy and Helen (hello!). Helen likes my Plog and has told all her colleagues about it. They know me as "Laura the Stand-Up" which is marginally better than "Laura the Cock", which is what Katy calls me. Katy never reads the Plog. She is a doctor and illiterate and smells of wee. And I can say that because she never reads the Plog.

Erica and Dean came back to my flat with me and baited the squirrels. Until one of the little furry plotters tried to attack Erica and she ran away, screaming like a little girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting the job, and "Happy Birthday" also.