About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Funny Pharmacy

You know when you go to Waterstones and you say to them, "Do you have Cloud Atlas and Great Expectations?" Generally they tap something into their PC, and a minute or two later, you have two fabulous paperbacks in your hand, don't you?

They don't say, "That'll be ten to fifteen minutes whilst we check the words for you."

So, how come at the chemist's when you're picking up a prescription, it takes such a long time? Checking they've got the medication - fine, 30 seconds, maybe. But why the extra ten minutes? They've already seen they've got it, so why don't they grab it off the shelf and give it to you?

This is my theory of what happens:

You: Here is a prescription for my regular herpes cream, and the stuff I take to stave off ringworm.

Pharmacist: Let me just check that we have those.

PHARMACIST GOES TO BACK OF STORE

Pharmacist (to other Pharmacist): How long a break do you reckon we deserve?

Other Pharmacist: I could do with a fag. Those Nicorette patches aren't really doing it for me.

Pharmacist: That's not a Nicorette patch! That's a contraceptive patch.

Other Pharmacist: The boxes do look similar, don't they. Still, least I'm not pregnant.

Pharmacist: I thought you were. Aren't you off on maternity leave in a couple of weeks?

Other Pharmacist: Oh yes. You're right. Probably ought to cut down on the fags too. Fancy a pint?

PHARMACIST COMES BACK

Pharmacist : That'll be ten minutes.

TEN MINUTES LATER

Pharmacist: We don't actually have your herpes cream. Could you come back tomorrow?

No comments: