About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, October 23, 2006

Carry-on

It was Friday night. I had flown back from Edinburgh to London, and now I had to drive from London to Loughborough. My car started making a funny burning smell.

I stopped off at my flat and phoned my dad.

"Dad, my car is making a funny burning smell."

"What sort of burning smell?"

I pondered. "A nice burney sort of smell."

"A nice burney sort of smell?" repeated Mr Nunn. Apparently this description wasn't very scientific. This opinion was ratified by the RAC man.

Yes, my car is getting to that age where "Guess the new smell" becomes a favourite party game. This time it was a carrier bag wrapped around the exhaust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plastic bag on the exhaust? Sounds like a suicide attempt to me.
You should put the poor car out of its misery. Take it out back and shoot it. Or set fire to it, as I gather is the tradition in Bethnal Green.

xxxx

Laura said...

I test-drove a Mini earlier today. Don't tell the Astra. I feel like I'm cheating on it.

It's a good little car, my Astra. Just a bit on the ancient side. In car-years it's 103.

L x