About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fall back

So the clocks have gone back. This is my least favourite moment of the year. I'm a summer person, and the dark nights really depress me. The government, clearly in tune with this common problem, decides to make things that little bit more unpleasant by putting the clocks back and therefore making it dark an hour earlier. Genius.

Apparently it's to make the mornings lighter, to stop the Scottish schoolchildren getting run over. I reckon if they're not clever enough to spot the headlights of an oncoming vehicle, well, that's just survival of the fittest.

I have some friends who claim to like all the seasons. They love the freshness of spring, the warmth of summer, the crunchy leaves in autumn, and the coziness of being tucked up inside in winter. These people are clearly delusional and must be dealt with. You know who you are. When I am in charge, there will be no autumn and no winter. Britain will be towed to somewhere just south of the Mediterranean. Hope this is OK with everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate summer. I like winter. I like the clocks going back. I also like fizzy water.

Will I be first to the wall come the revolution ?

Sara said...

I'm not a big fan of winter either. And it's even worse here in Pennsylvania!!! It gets freezing, I mean ice cold; then we can get several FEET of snow!!! It's ridiculous! A British winter is nothing compared... so think yourself lucky!!!

Anonymous said...

Am I detecting a residual belief here that islands float and can be towed?!!
RSN

Anonymous said...

Yep. Laura believes that islands float, can be towed, and also, if you are careless while swimming near the coast, you might just get trapped under one.

And she wonders why she got single figures in the IQ Test... :op

Laura said...

DOUBLE figures. I got DOUBLE figures in the IQ test. Don't deny me my 95.

You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when you get trapped under the island.

Cathy, yes. When I am in charge, all your favourite things will be abolished. Enjoy them while they last.