About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, June 19, 2006

Underground, overground (Wombling Free)

Things actually seen and heard in London this weekend:

  • Two male Brazilian football supporters asleep on the tube with their arms round each other, occasionally waking up to sing bits of songs, kiss their shirts and then fall asleep in each others' arms again. I nearly took a photo but thought I might get hit.
  • A sneezy Chinese guy. I thought he had a cold. Dad reckoned it was bird flu. I'll let you know.
  • Someone say, "I am attractive to badgers"

But more importantly, I now have a shiny new loft ladder, living room windows that actually open, and a nice picture hanging above my sofa.

Fathers' Day. It's just so useful for getting all those little jobs done. ;o)

6 comments:

AH NZ Adventure said...

Laura mate, I don't think you understand the concept of Fathers' Day. You're supposed to do nice things for your Father. Not invite him round and keep him as slave for the weekend....!

Laura said...

Oh. I don't understand. What's in it for me?

Anonymous said...

Hazel: Fathers like that sort of thing. Finding them jobs to do around your house makes them feel appreciated. Much better than cards, presents, or even beer.

Obviously special people (such as myself) celebrate by trying to get my father and father-in-law to celebrate father's day together, doing jobs in my house. It's a good thing I'm generous - takes me a whole year of sloth to save up.

Anonymous said...

To be fair it was my offer to do the loft ladder, and Laura did treat me to dinner and tickets (front row) at the Comedy Store. However, never being one to miss milking sympathy, - Hazel -do you want to adopt me?

Laura's dad

AH NZ Adventure said...

Hi Bob
As tempting an offer as it is, I don't think I need two Dads and mine's never called me a "rubbish bin" so I'll stick with the one I have thanks ;oP

Anonymous said...

A rubbish bin?! Surely not? Oh well, worth a try!