About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Anyone who says that living in London is expensive is talking tosh. Tosh!

Just today I was at Liverpool Street Station, and within 30 seconds I was handed two free KitKat Chunky Peanut Butter chocolate bars (mmm), a mini can of Pepsi Max (maximum taste - no sugar) and an Evening Standard Lite newspaper (owned by the Daily Mail Group). Now, admittedly, it's not exactly healthy stuff - nutritionally or intellectually - but that must be at least £1.20 worth of free stuff.

OK, my mortgage on a one-bedroom flat might be the best part of £1000 per month. OK, my council tax goes up at a ridiculous rate every year to pay for rubbish sporting events I won't bother watching. OK, it now costs £3.00 to travel for two minutes on the tube. But free chocolate bars? You don't get that in Coalville.

London is bargain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, but you do get free mars icecreams in loughborough.

on a rent to free stuff ratio....lough wins!!

can any readers beat this amazing brag?

Jack

Anonymous said...

i thought not

Jack

Laura said...

Thank you e.e. cummings.