About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Time Lord

You may worship me. For I have mastered the fourth dimension. Time no longer means anything to me. I am Time's master. You may bow.

I am now the proud owner (and I really couldn't be any prouder) of a Sky+ Box. For those of you less geeky (and less time-mastering) than me, this is a whizzy-whizzy device that lets me:

  • Pause live TV
  • Rewind live TV
  • Record whole series at the touch of a button
  • Record two channels at the same time
  • And watch another in my bedroom

This means that just because it's 4 p.m. on a Sunday and the only thing on is Ghostbusters III (did they ever make a third one?), I am still able to watch Malcolm in the Middle or Dr Who because now I'm in charge of Time. Dr Who himself was a bit miffed about this, but I pointed out that I was managing to control time without the help of a slightly chavvy 19 year-old with too much lip gloss.

I love Sky+. And no, I'm not on commission. Yet.

No comments: