About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stoatally weird


"Sorry, I got distracted," said Erica, who'd called me from the pub near Coalville and had briefly drifted away from the conversation. "It's just that I wasn't expecting to see a ferret."

"Sorry?" I said, thinking I may well have misheard.

"I was just talking to you and then a ferret popped up behind me."

"How do you know it was a ferret? It could be a weasel or a stoat." Admittedly, asking for genus classification at this point in the conversation probably wouldn't have been most people's usual course of action, but I panicked.

"It's in a cage. It just popped up beside me. And it's playing with a tube of E45 cream."

Obviously I misheard that. I said, "Sorry, I obviously misheard that."

Erica said, "The ferret. It has a tube of E45 in its cage."

"Erica, I know you've just finished your exams, and are probably celebrating, but I'm a bit worried about the surreality of your hallucinations."

"I'm not even drinking. I'm driving later. The pub-based ferret has a tube of E45. Maybe it has eczema. I don't know. I'm not a ferret expert."

She texted me a photo of the ferret, and its E45. If I was cleverer, I'd post it for you here on the Plog. But as I don't know how to do that, picture a ferret in a cage. And then picture a tube of E45. That's pretty much it.

Yet another reason why I don't go near Coalville anymore.

8 comments:

AH NZ Adventure said...

Laura I want to see the picture of this ferret with the tube of E45.

Edit this blog or create a new one and on the tool bar with "font", "b", "i" etc click on the square icon with a scenic picture. It will then let you browse your computer for a photo to add.

Obviously you have to get the photo from your phone to a computer first, but I know you can do that...

Do it!
Please xXx

Anonymous said...

Lots of peole can put photos on their blogs so how come you can't?
I want to see the ferret with its tube of cream. NOW.
I think you are a big fat liar and so is your friend Erica.

Anonymous said...

Erica would never lie! Not so sure abour Laura mind... and Caolville really is that weird... I'm so glad I escaped :)

Laura said...

I think I could put the photo on the blog from a computer. Problem is, I can't get the image from my phone to a PC.

I could probably get it from my phone to my home PC, but that's not connected to the Internet.

I will do it. I'm in Southend for the next few days, but I'll try and do it on Wednesday.

As for "big fat liar", I am neither big nor fat. Jury's still out on liar. Anonymous, prepare to eat your words.

Anonymous said...

They should eat the E45 instead, that would be funnier ;)

Laura said...

Look on my ferret, ye mighty and despair.

L x

Anonymous said...

Afternoon.....I was just reading about the ferret thing. It's all true!!!

It's at my local public house in Shepshed. (The Black Swan) It is unquestionably a ferret and it belongs to the landlord John. Or racist John as I call him. Not to his face though.

Hope you well L.

Dean

PS. Erica is not a big fat liar Mr/Mrs/Ms (please circle) Anonymous.....come over here and say that!

Laura said...

Mum - I think Dean's challenged you to a fight...

:o)

L x