About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Plugs on the Plog

Never let it be said that I'm not conscientious. I'm running a course in Southend tomorrow, so I've come this afternoon to set up the room and double-check that I've got everything I need.

As there's silly football on, I thought I'd be quite safe to go by my business pretty much uninterrupted. Except the room I need to set up is being used by people at work to watch the silly football, meaning there's not a lot I can do until gone 6 p.m. when the silly football finishes.

Well, I can take apart 40 plugs. Believe it or not, that's necessary for the course tomorrow. Yes, I am completely unable to assemble flatpack furniture, put together cardboard boxes or do anything involving hand-eye co-ordination. Yet I am now an expert in dismantling and putting together plugs.

Transferable skills. That's what my job's all about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued... bathroom plugs or complicated looking electrical ones?

Laura said...

Complicated-looking electrical ones. I now know what a cable grip screw is.

And not the good sort.

L x

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed