About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, August 29, 2009

FABE

Ladies, gentlemen, boys, girls, literate squirrels (I know you're out there, you scheming rodenty bastards):

I apologise in advance for the weather on bank holiday Sunday. Of course it will rain. Of course it will, because I am holding the FABE (the Fourth Annual Barbecue Extravaganza). Our history of Annual Barbecue Extravaganzas ranges from lovely, lovely weather to "Oh fuck, the wind has blown out every single one of our matches, there's not a chance we can get this barbecue lit and it's bollocking freezing. Shall we go home and grill this lot?"

So, tomorrow it'll rain. Or possibly snow.

TheBloke (TM) has already decided to start the weekend off well by managing to get a cricket ball in the face and is now in bed with a bleeding head and a black eye. (Don't worry, he's fine. Though I am currently working on a special effects machine that'll make him think he's seeing double. Oh, come on, it'll be a laugh.)

There will be burgers. There will be sausages. There will - of course - be plastic cheese. There may even be ketchup and Pimms*.

And there will probably also be rain. Or possibly snow.

*Ketchup and Pimms is not, I repeat not a cocktail. Do not try this at home.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

or one of those dust storms you get in the Sahara.