About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, November 02, 2009

Suits you

I am an average human being. I have my failings. I can be too reserved, impatient, intolerant and sometimes a bit lazy. But one thing I am is organised. I am horribly punctual, ridiculously overprepared and revoltingly reliable.

Master Nunn however, my brother, is like a polar photo of me. Where I am reserved, Jack is the life and soul. Where I am organised and punctual, Jack is... not.

Hence the immortal sentences this weekend that literally greeted TheBloke (TM) and me when we all met up in Hammersmith on Friday.

"TheBloke (TM)," said Jack, "I've got a job interview on Tuesday and I've only just realised. All my clothes are in the Midlands. Can I borrow a jacket? What size trousers do you take?"

And, brilliantly, half an hour later, "Fuck. I haven't got any shoes. Can I have yours?"

I am led to believe that he has successfully assembled an entire interview outfit from various contacts. That alone should secure him some marks in the "innovation and enterprise" category.

1 comment:

Jack Nunn said...

Well thank you for the compliments Laura - though as this is the public domain I feel I must defend my character as I did only hear about the job interview once I was ALREADY in London.

I had to wear pointy shoes with buckles on that my friend leant me - they turned me away at the door saying there were no jobs there for elves...