About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Table for Nunn

My friend and I arrived at the restaurant bang on time. I gave my name and the time of booking. The restaurant lady looked down the list.

"6.30?" she verified.

"Yes," said I.

"Hmm. Are you sure it's 6.30?"

"Yes," said I.

Then came the best question of the night. Possibly the best question ever. This honestly, honestly happened.

"Can you remember your name?" she asked.

I was stunned. My friend laughed. I didn't mean to be rude, but all I said was, "Yes. Yes I can." There was an awkward pause until I remembered she probably wanted to know what my name was.

If I couldn't remember my own name, I'm guessing I might have bigger problems than a missed restaurant booking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you record elsewhere on the blog the booking conversation: "Hello, I want to book a table for Nunn". "Er, sorry, did you say a table for one". "No, None!".