About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thick ear

I know, I know, I haven't Plogged for ages, and this - I fear - will be of small consolation for those of you who are on tenterhooks, unable to fully enjoy their life until the next Plog comes along. For those people, I say, "Get a life." Harsh, but true. Seriously, it's spring. Go and look at the daffodils or something.

For the rest of you, it's just a photo, I'm afraid. Yesterday TheBloke (TM) and I went to Beckton Triangle. For the uninitiated, this is a retail park. Oh yes, we're glamorous. There are all manner of upmarket stores here, from the Argos to DFS, to a B&Q and - excitingly - a Pets At Home store. Where of course we had to stop off to buy presents and treats for an increasingly naughty Monty Cat. I am not entirely sure Monty Cat is deserving of either presents or treats. I suspect he has been fighting with neighbourhood cats. I suspect this because he appears to have a cut on his furry little lip and no longer seems to want to go outside. Remind me to Plog sometime about trying to teach our learning difficulties cat (unsuccessfully) to use a cat flap.

Anyway, Monty Cat treats were bought and were paid for at the checkout, where I also saw these.




Pigs' ears. For feeding to your dog. Not just any pigs' ears though. Diet pigs' ears. Which made me wonder two things:

Thing 1: How do you take the fat out of a pig's ear, in order to create a diet product?
Thing 2: If you don't do Thing 1, do you just hack the ears off the pigs which are less obese, that is to say, the thinner pigs, and put them in the packet?

The mind boggles.

No comments: