About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Jessica

In the early hours of Sunday morning, I had a very painful argument. A relationship of trust that had slowly been built up over the last few months suddenly disintegrated around me.

At precisely 12.21 a.m., I had an argument with my satellite navigation system.

Jessica, as I call her, had guided me safely all the way to a gig in Kingston. The traffic had been great, the evening warm, all was good. But on the way back, the little minx betrayed me. Trying to drop a fellow comic off at Liverpool Street she showed her jealousy, by:

  • "Losing" satellite reception just after London Bridge
  • Recalculating the route constantly - and never giving me the new route before recalculating again
  • Taking me the wrong way down London Bridge, and then back up Tower Bridge - just to gloat

There was shouting, there was swearing. There was a certain amount of crying. Mostly from Jessica. I am hard, and even a machine loaded with every map in Europe cannot defeat me.

Having said that, I absolutely cannot figure out my work mobile phone.

Still, Jessica and I made up by about 12.37 when we found Whitechapel, and all was forgiven. She can be moody and controlling, but I wouldn't have Jessica any other way.

1 comment:

AH NZ Adventure said...

Remember when I was trying to use my sat nav to find a restaurant we were going to on the tube?! It got me lost driving out of London too, but for some reason, they're easy to forgive. The real test is whether they would be forgiven by a certain friend of ours...?