About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Two's company

Nearly-two year-olds are a tough crowd, entertainment-wise. My clever word-play and carefully-contstructed comedic allusions to Elizabethan drama seemed lost on my special weekend visitor.

I was a bit depressed when I realised that almost all of my clothes are significantly older than her. In one or two cases by more than a decade.

Despite my comedy failings, it does have to be said that she did find it extremely amusing when I (genuinely) fell off the office chair in my living room, straight onto my head. In fact I got a spontaneous round of applause and an encore. (Though much of that was from her mum.) So pleased was I with this comic breakthrough that I re-enacted said incident three or four times. It seemed to get funnier for her with each repetition. And after a brief visit to Casualty this morning, I'm fine now.

Still, I got a laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did they have any articles on why homeless people deserve everything they get? :op