About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Evil eye

I think I might actually be evil.

I'm home from work ill, and feeling sorry for myself, and generally grumpy. My mobile rings with the caller display showing a freephone number. I answer it, there's no-one there. I hate that. I say "hello" a few times. I get grumpier.

Someone from India says hello and asks to speak to Miss Nunn. That's me.

He tells me he has a very special offer available for my mobile number. He asks me if I use a computer or a laptop. I decide to have some fun. Well, as much fun as a grumpy ill person can have at 4.42 p.m. I say, "No."

He says, "You do not have a computer or a laptop?"

I say, "No. I have a typewriter." I try to sound proud of myself.

"You have a typewriter?"

"Yes." I think I've won and he will leave me alone. Not so.

"I have a very special offer on laptops available for you. Would you be interested to get a free laptop?"

"No," I say. "I'm blind."

"Oh I am sorry to hear that you are blind," he says. "That is all. Thank you."

Quickest telesales EVER.

(How long before I start getting Braille junk mail?)

1 comment:

MJenks said...

That's brilliant!