About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snow joke

Lots of snowy snowy snow. It's cold enough to freeze a flea.

TheBloke (TM), being of the South African persuasion is a little bit overexcited by this much snow, and, prevented from going to work because of the weather, yesterday he built his first ever snowman. You have never seen such an excitable, out of breath, perfectionist Saffa snowman builder. I tried to help at one point but was instructed, "No, I don't want to be able to see any leaves on him. Get some more snow and cover them up. No. Those buttons aren't good enough. He needs a hat." And so on. Eventually I left him to it and assumed the role of photographer.


Here are some photos I took.



And here's what happened when I turned my back for five minutes.




"Well, people need to know he's a snow MAN," insisted TheBloke (TM). I worry that we may give our 900 year-old neighbour a bit of a shock when she goes into her garden today.

5 comments:

Jo said...

That's a pretty top-notch snowman.
Is your neighbour a time-lord too?

MJenks said...

He must be very cold. They've receded quite far up into his body, haven't they?

Anonymous said...

Now Laura - I have seen what you do to Gingerbread men. Are you trying to tell me that the last picture was all down to The Bloke TM?

Great pics though. It's hot, hot, hot here!

Hazel x

Laura said...

Jo - she may well be. Though I haven't noticed any daleks congregating yet, though I shall have to keep my eyes peeled.

Hazel - I can confirm, this one was very much his own effort!

L x

Unknown said...

I do hope your neighbour does not read your blog
or look out of her window