About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Par for the course

Ah, the joys of corporate life. Today I completed an "e-learning module" on Peak Performance.

My favourite part was a section called "Choose your attitude!" Despite making me want to vomit uncontrollably originally, it wasn't all that bad, and it was mostly NLP stuff - a welcome refresher on the course I did a year or so ago.

However, unfortunately, a part of it accidentally made me laugh out loud. There was a picture of a blue balloon on the page and the section was about making sure your "positive balloon" doesn't burst. The title? "Dealing with little pricks"

I thought this might be more useful in the workplace than I originally realised.

The next section asked me - and this is true - to make a list of "little pricks" that annoy me in the workplace. I duly followed the instructions and pressed submit.

It said,

"Some of our previous course attendees have listed the following as bursting their balloon of positivity:

- A rainy day
- Alarm clock not going off
- Being criticised
- Getting stuck in traffic"

Oops. My "little pricks" list incorporated exclusively names of people in the office.

No comments: