About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Age and wisdom

Well, goodness gracious me, what a lovely birthday I had.

There was a trip to Alton Towers, there was dinner with my lovely friends and family (and Katy who smells of wee). There was an embarrassment of lovely presents, all for me. There was even a birthday poem and a birthday cake with candles to blow out. My birthday rocked.

However, the fact remained. I had somehow, somehow turned 30. I am still not quite sure how this happened, but rest assured I will find out who is to blame and give them a stern piece of my mind. Thirty. Three decades. This is clearly a practical joke, as we all know I was only 17 three and a half weeks ago. The candles on my birthday cake alone represented the greatest fire risk Loughborough had ever known.

TheBloke (TM), ever mindful of the sensitive situation, bought me wrinkle cream and an adhesive support for drooping bosoms. Ha ha ha. He is so funny. Luckily he is far nearer the next milestone (I can't bring myself to write it yet) than I am, so I am still winning.

He made up for it though by taking me to afternoon tea at the Ritz on Monday. It was very civilised. We had tea, we had gorgeous little cakes and cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off. Then TheBloke (TM), again, ever mindful of the refined situation, decided to make Princess Leia ears out of scones. At the Ritz.

And I laughed so much a little bit of tea came out my nose.

We are SO not grown-ups.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you have experienced both now which is better, tea coming out of your nose or orange juice coming out of your nose? ;o)

Love Hazel xxx

Sara said...

I already bought the wrinkle cream for myself in preparation for the big 3-0... Mine isn't 'til January, so I've decide I'm turning 20+10 in 2010... it sounds less threatening than 30 I think!