About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, August 02, 2010

Fishing for compliments

As mentioned in an earlier Plog, you see some unusual things in New York City. None more so than the sign I spotted a few days ago (at this point I should tell you where the sign was, but I was lost as usual at the time, so I'm going to go with "somewhere around Park Avenue and Midtown").

I feel it is my civic duty to make people aware that beta fish and African dwarf frogs have arrived! I do not know what this means, but I'm guessing it's some sort of alien invasion, or at the very least, a plague, as visited upon us last by our Lord in the form of locusts and shit.

"But Laura," I hear you say, "this isn't so odd. It's just a pet shop sign telling people that they have new stock in..."

Yes Ploggers, that was my first thought too... until I realised that (sinister voice) it wasn't a pet shop.

Additionally, the fact that the active verb is used, suggests that said fish and frogs made their own way to the shop. Like they've just caught a plane or shipped themselves over.

Also, I have no idea what a beta fish is. Is it the early version of a fish that's still in test mode? Is it a thick fish that didn't get in the top stream (stream, geddit?) at school (school, geddit?)?

Worryingly, I've only just noticed the Zagat sign on the door too... for those not in the know, Zagat is a restaurant reviewer... Another plate of beta fish, my chums? Or would you rather wait for the African dwarf frogs legs? Do bear in mind though, if they're only dwarf frogs, their stubby little legs probably won't be too filling...

No comments: