About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Singing the BBC's Praises

Say what you like about the BBC.  A) Their complaints process is one of the swiftest to reply I've ever come across and B) They have a sense of humour.  Below is the reply I received from them today in response to this tongue-in-cheek complaint:



Dear Ms Nunn

Thank you for your comments with regard to ‘Songs of Praise’ broadcast on BBC One on 6 September.
I understand your feel we did not take into account that this day is an important Satanist day and you were unable to sing along with the hymns as you were too busy sacrificing a goat.

I am sorry you missed a fine show, but you seem to have been confused about the dates. This year, the Satanic Feast often termed ‘Marriage to the Beast’ falls on 7 November, a Monday. You also seem to have misinterpreted the nature of the ritual involved. However, I do hope you manage to enjoy the rest of the series and am glad that you find the hymns so uplifting.

I do understand you feel very strongly about this, so I’d like to assure you that I’ve registered your concerns on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, programme makers, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions on future BBC programmes and content.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards
Mark Madden

1 comment:

Gabby said...

That's actually glorious.