About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

EABE - the review

Ploggers, I admire you.  I'm not sure how you've survived.  I promised you I would tell you all about the Eighth Annual Barbecue Extravaganza (EABE) and I've kept you waiting all this time.  It's like an end-of-season cliffhanger, but with more burgers.

So - essentially - it was lovely.  Dean was sadly unable to join us this year, but our baby joined us for the first time, thus making the numbers up.  I mean, technically she was there last year, but she was very much eating food second hand.

So yes, there were burgers.  Yes, there were sausages.  Of course there was plastic cheese.  And for the first time this year, we had professionally-branded cupcakes, made by the fantastic Pip's Puds.  If you live in the Midlands, I highly recommend her.  In fact, despite never actually having met her, I'm wondering if I can twist her arm and give me the recipe for her lemon cupcake.  A lighter lemon sponge I have never tasted.  If you don't live in the Midlands, I still highly recommend her.  Perhaps you could make a special trip.  Or convince her to move to where you live.  Go on.  Give it a try.  But not to the extent she takes out a restraining order against you.  I very much disapprove of my readers actually stalking bakers.  Perhaps I digress.

After lunch, we played an exciting round of "Mr Sheep Puppet is going to nibble your toes", which perturbed some of the guests more than the others (Erica, bless her, is still having nightmares).  Then we finished with a game of "TheBloke (TM) will chase you into the other room and threaten to tickle you".  This was especially funny as the baby has just learned to crawl, and - excitably - was trying to keep up by crawling into each room, just as the more mobile EABE members were turning 180 degrees and running back in the other direction.  Seeing the baby's efforts to keep up was like watching an enthusiastic, patient but gradually-tiring tortoise.

The weather was good, the food was good, the company was good, the cupcakes were good.  Overall EABE score - 10/10.

See you all next year for the NABE.

No comments: