About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Eye queue

So last night I decided to do the Test the Nation thing on the BBC, to test my IQ. I was supposed to be out at a gig but had woken up with a migraine, so had cancelled it.

Now, just to give you a bit of background. When I was at school, my IQ tested at about 120. Shortly after leaving school, a Test the Nation thingy gave me an IQ of 115 - it had dropped, but still I was comfortably above the average. I am very clever. After two years at university, my brain had atrophied to a 111. Worrying decline, maybe. But if Mr Average was only 100, I was still smarter than the average bear.

Last night, my IQ tested at 95. I am subnormal. I am planning on moving to Coalville as soon as possible to be with my own kind.

I had hoped that perhaps there was something wrong with the test, but Erica got 115 and Dean got 105. It is me. I am rubbish. Might sound like sour grapes, but the test seemed to be aimed at all the stuff I know I'm crap at - shapes, spatial awareness and so on. There were practically no word puzzles and not even very much number stuff. Still, apparently the average IQ for London was 111. I am rubbisher than a rubbish tree.

I am like that bloke in Flowers for Algernon. This time next year, you'll have to water me.

Quick note - I'm off on holiday for the next couple of weeks - I'll update here when I can. In the meantime, I wouldn't recommend burgling me as I have a six foot seven housesitter with a bad temper. Called Helga.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you see, this is why you need LJ, you can update by mobile phone or text ! :poke:

95 ? OMG u r like, so stoopid. U munta.*

Cathy x

* IQ tests are mostly total rubbish, BBC IQ tests fronted by Anne Robinson even more so.

Anonymous said...

I live in Coalville and did a Mensa IQ test on the internet and scored 133.

Anne Robinson's show is just rubbish and nothing to do with intelligence.

Well done Erica.

Laura said...

You are Erica's mum and via my cunning logic, I claim an extra 5 IQ points, bringing me up to normal. Just.

So we're all agreed Anne Robinson is rubbish then?

L x

Anonymous said...

It wasn't too difficult to work out, was it?

Happy holiday.

H.

Laura said...

It was quite difficult for me! You forget I have an IQ of only 95. Just turning on my laptop represents a major achievement!

L x

Anonymous said...

Erica stop trying to defend coalville by the fact you lived there....and also.....you don't do you!? You moved.....not that i've been stalking you

J