About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Introducing Jeremy

"The thing is," said Mrs Nunn to the store assistant, "I bought my favourite bra in Florida six years ago. It's really, really good."

She then went on to describe her favourite bra loudly to anyone who happened to be in the tri-state area. And yet apparently I was being embarrassing when I happened to mention that the 33 stone woman really shouldn't be piling her plate with bacon.

We have made it. We are in Florida and I am currently buying most of the USA's shoe stock. All is good.

Jeremy - my US sat nav system - is different to Jessica. Instead of putting in the address, you phone and speak to an advisor, who then downloads the route information to the phone, and you get verbal directions as you drive. When we connected for the first time, Mrs Nunn said, "Is that woman going to stay on the phone and talk to us all the way there?"

Technology is not made with Mrs Nunn in mind.

4 comments:

Sara said...

So the Nunn's are state side, huh? It's a pity you're not up in the Philadelphia area since I have the second biggest mall in American on my door-step. I know my way around that mall better than anyone; not sure if I should be proud of myself for that! Plus no tax on clothes, can't beat that!!!
I hope you and your mum enjoy your visit!

Anonymous said...

I hope Jessica doesn't get jealous with you flirting with Stateside Jeremy! BTW - I trust the bra assistant was feminine? Too much to hope I guess!

RSN

Anonymous said...

Any chance of you going public on Mum's disability, or inability to remain calm in a passenger seat on the right hand side of the road?

This seems a good chance to Plug my Blog....i went to America recently and wrote loads and loads....so have a read!

jacknunn.blogspot.com


the Fav entry seems to be 'Dont be disrespecting me biatch'

it's all much better than Laura's, even and Laura copies off of it.....


she won't disagree and there is NO sibling rivalry here!

Brother Jack

Laura said...

Sara - dangerous words! We'll be heading your way in about an hour. :o)

Seriously - next time we're here, we'll try and catch up. Mum sends her love to your parents and to you!

L x