About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, September 25, 2006

Nor-why?

I know I've already written today, but think of it as a bonus. I just had to say this: Norwich city centre - what the fuck?

With little difficulty Jessica got me to my hotel. I checked in and then drove to find the office, which was apparently only five minutes' walk away, but I had loads of heavy stuff. AN HOUR AND A HALF it took me. Part of this, admittedly, was Jessica's evident jealousy over my recent dalliance with Jeremy, but Jesus, the roads here were designed by someone whose parents must have been inbreeding for generations. Just a normal Norwich citizen then, I guess.

Picture a cobbled street, about six metres wide. Now imagine that this is a two way road and everyone is trying to turn right at the top, where there are no traffic lights. I t seriously seems to be the best example of how never to design a town. Fucking morons. I hate Norwich. And I'm back here next week.

I also had the ubiquitous conversation with an East Anglia cleaner. This one didn't want to know a) which room at uni I was having or b) if I could get their daughter a job, but was instead c) an out-of-work forklift truck driver who may or may not have lost his job through picking up cars he wasn't supposed to.

Still, the nice man from the RBS front desk gave me a lift back to my hotel (decided to leave the car firmly where it was).

And happy birthday to Mr Nunn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great birthday -and loved the poem too - Esme has asked for a copy whereas B just wants more tissues! Enjoy the plug-fest!

RSN