About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, September 18, 2006

Experienced

Things I've experienced that a week ago I hadn't previously:

  • Love bugs. Bugs that literally shag all day. Midair. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug. If you'd like to see a real-life example, check out the windscreen of the car I'm driving. Apart from the inevitable death against a vehicle moving at 70mph, it seems a decent life.
  • The fact that our friend Jeb not only licences all manicurists, but also all lifts. Sorry, elevators.
  • An event in a Halloween shop (sorry, store) with my mum that is too horrifically embarrassing to describe before I've discussed it with my therapist.
  • Six mosquito bites within two square inches of arm.
  • Being called y'all for real. Without irony.
  • Overhearing someone young and fairly normal looking talking animatedly about their Bible study group that night.
  • A TV channel showing a film called, A Perfect Stranger. This looked OK, until the perfect stranger turned out to be Jesus Christ, who then had dinner with the protagonist and helped her see where her life went wrong. If you don't believe me: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466923/
  • A motel room with insects in the fridge. Fridgesects. I could market them. Anyone want to buy a creepy-looking cockroach for their fridge? I might be onto a winner here.

Drove 300 miles back from Georgia to Orlando today, further depleting some more outlet malls of their shoe supplies. Tsk. It is hard being me.

Two more days, then back to sunny England.

2 comments:

AH NZ Adventure said...

Yay - hurry up and come home. I miss almost daily blogs and the opportunity to call you!

Laura said...

Ah, you're so sweet. I've missed my blog too... and my mates. But as you both insist on living too far away from me, I'm beginning to take a hint.

Nice Kate... Terrified about tomorrow. Have done no prep. Not even spoken to Kev yet. Don't know how to pronounce any of the names on the Excel spreadsheet. Have a nasty feeling we might have a wardrobe clash (ball dress vs. ripped jeans). Any chance you can convince Kev not to wear the ball dress?

Thanks for the offer of a bed. Would love to see your new home, but Saturday's flight back to London is at 7.30 a.m., so am going to crash at a hotel near the airport. You can come back for nachos and discussions about threesomes again if you want.