About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Frogs on the Plog

Technology is not made with Mrs Nunn in mind. Today when Jeremy the sat nav hadn't realised we'd already turned left (probably a GPS quirk), Mrs Nunn said, "Quickly - indicate left! Then he'll know we've turned."

"How could that possibly work, Mum?"

"Maybe he'll hear the indicator."

"For the nine hundredth time, Mum, it's not actually a real person."

"So why do you call him Jeremy?"

She had me there.

The apartment we're staying in is really plush, and as we're here off-season, pretty cheap too. I went travelling round the world at the start of the year, staying mostly in shared dorms in hostels. When I returned, my little one-bedroom flat looked so bright and spacious, I couldn't believe it was all mine. This time, with three bedrooms and two bathrooms between the two of us, and a living room which rivals my entire flat for floorspace, I have a feeling it might not seem so roomy when I go back to the charter'd streets.

Mrs Nunn wanted me to write my Plog on some of the wildlife we've seen here - there was a tree frog on our door when we got back this evening. Mrs Nunn said, "You could have a frog on your Plog. Laura's Frog Plog." Mrs Nunn is what kind people call eccentric.

No comments: