About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Thursday, June 28, 2007

I spy

"Shall I tell her, Dan?" my friend Jennie giggled to her boyfriend whilst on the phone to me.

"What?" asked I.

"Well, Dan thinks you work for MI5," Jennie said.

This is fascinating. I do not work for MI5, although I do like shiny gadgets. My main reason for not working for them is that they have never asked me to, and also I would be rubbish at running in heels.

Of course Jennie continued, "Even if you did work for them, you wouldn't be able to tell us. But you live in Central London, and we think the whole 'working for a bank' thing is a bit of a cover."

"But I do work for a bank," I protested. "In fact, I've worked for the same bank for nearly five years."

"Well, you would say that," said Jen.

"Why do you think I work for MI5?" I asked.

"Well, you're very good at keeping secrets," (this would only be true so long as hostile spies didn't employ Juliet) continued Jennie. "Also, you live in London."

"Right. So I live in London and can keep secrets... So I'm a spy?"

"Pretty much, yes. If you lived nearer Waterloo, then it would be definite." (I never got to the bottom of this slightly more baffling conclusion.)

Plog-lovers, I have made it. I think I may now be officially cool. Someone thinks I'm a spy! Sadly, it's not my employer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, your friends are so perceptive - I thought I was the only one who knew about your persona as Spy Dog or Lara (as she is known), or GM451 as she is known by the government, is a highly trained special agent, bred by the British Secret Service for use on dangerous missions around the world. But her last mission went wrong and now she is being hunted down by an evil drugs baron, Mr Big. Lara must go undercover as a normal dog, 'choose' a family to look after her and await her retrieval by the Secret Service. But can she keep her true identity a secret? Can she thwart the plans of Mr Big? And can she bear to return to government service, after weeks of cosy domestic bliss? After an exciting struggle, Mr. Big is captured and Lara finds a way to stay with her family. But her spying days aren't over completely...

Your cover in the dog suit is blown - wow. Although Spy Dog is very clever and I suppose that Andrew Cope writing 3 books about your adventures with two more in the pipeline - it was bound to happen.

Keep on plogging.

JBS