About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tired jokes

I am the sort of tired that almost physically hurts. The sort of tired that means you've had less than six hours' sleep for the past seven days; the sort of tired that follows an action-packed weekend, six hours of driving, plus two 12-hour days in the office.

The sort of tired when you realise that work-wise you've barely even started and the next couple of weeks are just going to present you with more of the same. The sort of tired when you're almost grateful that there's no light at the end of the tunnel, as it might be easier to sleep if it's a bit darker.

If you should wish to witness the very real prospect of me actually falling asleep on stage, I shall be at the Backyard Comedy Club in Bethnal Green doing a ten-minute set tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so we can let you _of_ errors in the previous post? exhaustion not excitement

Laura said...

Careful, careful... I insist on knowing which errors you're talking about. For I, Laura Nunn, strive to be error free even at point of exhaustion.

If you are referring to the "tale" / "tail", then this is a clever pun based on a Shakespeare play. This makes me feel smug.

If it isn't this, then yes, let's blame it on the tiredness.

L x

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura
I could not see any errors in the previous post. I do wonder which clubs you went to without me where you saw 16 year old boys stripping in order to pull! That would have been scary!
H x

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Hazel you have been upside down for too long. I can spot the errors and the other person attacking Laura and the hyphens does not realise that Laura was being helpful to her blog readers.

I don't think Laura was referring to when she was 16, it is probably now as a high-flyer in the City she observes the 16 year old trying to pull and can laugh at them. You were both too well-behaved to go clubbing at 16 and far more interested in who would be 'at the barrier'.