About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ducking it up

Mrs Nunn has many talents. She does. But telling jokes is not one of them.

One of my favourite jokes is:

A duck walks into a pub and asks the landlord for a pint. The barman is astounded.

"You're a duck," he says, "and you can talk! That's amazing."

The duck has his pint, and leaves the pub. The next day, the local circusmaster comes into the pub. "Here," says the barman, "we had a talking duck in here the other day. Aren't you on the lookout for something like that for your circus?"

"Definitely," says the circusmaster. "If he comes in here again, pass my number on."

A few days later, the talking duck is back in the pub.

"Mate," the barman says to the duck. "I've got a friend at the circus who might be able to offer you some work."

The duck thinks for a bit. "Circus?" he asks. "Big tent-type thing, made of cloth?"

"Yeah, that's right," the barman says.

"What would they want with a plasterer?"

See? I told you it was a funny joke. I think my friend Dean told it to me. Mrs Nunn decided she was going to tell this joke to the family.

This is Mrs Nunn's version of the joke:

So a duck walks into a bar, and the barman says, "Wow, a talking duck! What do you do?"

And the duck says, "I'm a plasterer."

And the barman says... oh no, hang on a minute, that's not right.

Mrs Nunn has many strengths. But telling jokes is not one of them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Usually I tell it very well