About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Moaning makes the world go round...

I think I might have a problem. I have written eight letters of complaint today. OK, most of them were emails or phone calls, but I 100% believe I'm right in every case.

But eight letters of complaint in one day surely can't be normal, can it?

Here they are, for your delectation:

- Financial Ombudsman - ongoing dispute with Lombard who are claiming I had "poor repairs" done to the Corsa I returned, and would like to charge me £375 for the privilege. No repairs were ever done to said Corsa because it was never damaged.

- Tower Hamlets graffiti removal. Please remove graffiti. Thank you.

- Tower Hamlets service charge department. They have lost a whole year's service charge payments (about £700) from me. Again. Just like they did last year. And the year before. And are trying to take me to court for not paying it, despite me being able to show them bank statements with payments going out and into their accounts. I have escalated my complaint today as they appear to be ignoring it. Again. As if the two massive fights yesterday evening between warring factions of Pakistani kids outside my flat and the tramp that sometimes sleeps at the bottom of my stairs wasn't enough to make me want to leave the borough.

- Tower Hamlets service charge department: please clean our block. You're supposed to do it every week and you haven't been here for months. And there is a dirty tramp patch at the bottom of the stairs.

- McDonalds. This one was taking the piss really but TheBloke (TM) was laughing at my voluminous complaints and said I should complain to McDonalds that they put ice in my Coke when I specifically asked them not to. So I did.

- British Gas (who confusingly supply my electricity). When we moved from a prepayment meter to a billed service, we had £30 credit left on the meter which we were assured would be transferred. It wasn't, and we've now been told we were given wrong information. Complain, complain, complain! They have fallen off the list of good companies wot I like. Krispy Kreme are still there. Just.

- The sat nav supplier who supplied me a "newly overhauled" unit, without advertising it as such (result on this one: 10% refund!)

- Bank people. Why are you taking so long to open my account? OK, thanks, bye. (This one wasn't their fault - they're waiting on some info.)

Last month I got two free pizzas for complaining to Dominos. I will update you on my progress. I am sure that you are fascinated and will barely be able to sleep until you know if I'm successful in my quests. In the meantime, as I Plog, TheBloke (TM) is complaining to BT. I fear it might be catching.

If anyone would like some complainy letters written for them, I'm quite getting into it now.

No comments: