About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Celebrity endorsement

I love my Plog. I love the fact that people occasionally read it. I even love the fact that it sometimes gets me into trouble (like when Belinda McOrange identified herself as Annabelle and decided to try and start a bitch fight at the school reunion. You wouldn't believe how many times I've dined out on that story, or how many people have asked me for Annabelle's real name so they can read her status updates on Facebook).

I also love the fact that sometimes it takes me down very random avenues. I'm not using the phrase "random" like a fourteen year-old. ("Last night was such a random night. We ended up at this really random club and Jessie was dancing to this random song and pulled this total random!") The Plog does actually take me down literally random avenues.

Like the time I got an angrily-worded email because I'd written a humorous Plog about my visit to the fortune teller Madam Tamar. Madam Tamar clearly has a lot of devotees, and I shouldn't seek to mess with them. Because they're loopy.

Or yesterday, which is definitely my favourite of 2009. A few days ago, a nice-sounding chap named Paul contacted me to say he enjoyed reading my Plog. This happens occasionally. (And by occasionally, I mean about once every year and a half.) I sent a thank-you email back and thought no more about it.

Until he replied a couple of days later, saying he'd forwarded the link to his mate Hattie Hayridge. For those of you who don't know, Hattie's a very good stand-up (whom coincidentally I saw perform in Bethnal Green at my first ever experience of live comedy back in about 1999), and was also in Red Dwarf back in the day.

Anyway, Hattie has reviewed my Plog. Are you ready for it?

"Cute".

Excellent. Do you think I ought to subtitle? "Laura's Plog. As deemed 'cute' by Hattie Hayridge".

It's official, folks.

My life is weird.

2 comments:

nice-sounding chap named Paul said...

Hayridge (with an a). Spell her name wrong and she flies into a rage the like of which you have NEVER seen. She's gone to America today so let us hope for your sake that they haven't got the internet there yet.

Not really.
But it is still with an 'a' and she is gigging in Atlanta. I told her she was delivering her comedy to a 'wider' audience "boomtish"

Paul

Laura said...

I don't know what you're talking about. It's well known I've never made a spelling mistake in my life.

;o)

L x