About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, April 06, 2009

Friendly fire

Everyone has one. The friendship you hang onto more for sentimental reasons than actually enjoying spending time together. Whether it's a sense of duty from the fact your parents are friends, or you're friends from high school who no longer have anything in common, everyone has someone that they keep in touch with without really knowing why. Maybe it's someone who you send a birthday card to every year, and yet they never send one back to you.

I'm in this situation myself at the moment. And I've decided to be brave and just call it a day. I'm going to say, "Look, we've definitely had some good times. No-one's denying that, and no-one can take them away from us. But the thing is, we've grown apart. And recently, I feel things have got a little bit sour between us. Like yesterday when you tried to kill me in the Blackwall Tunnel."

Yes, dear Ploggers, it's time to say goodbye to Jessica the Sat Nav. Bought in 2005 and faithfully trekking me round London ever since, it's time to recognise that she's just a bit old and crap, and frankly, I deserve better.

Breaking up is so very hard to do. But to lessen the blow, a Garmin 350 has been ordered in her place.

TheBloke (TM) is already dancing on her grave. I just think it's weird he made me bury her in the first place.

Tune in tomorrow for exciting news about Hattie Hayridge.

No comments: