About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, July 05, 2009

A wee problem

The flat is falling apart. In the last couple of months, the boiler's broken twice, the shower is now fucked, the whole place has got to an unmanageable level of 'untidy' (though thankfully, mostly owing to Katrina the Cleaner, still clean at least), and most surfaces are at least a little bit stained by bloody cat urine. Literally bloody. Monty Cat has decided to have a relapse, mostly just to piss us off and say "I told you so" in his own smarmy feline way for choosing not to buy pet insurance. I have been to the vets more times in the last month than I have been to the doctors in the last year.

So what am I doing about this level of chaos? Yes, the boiler's been mended. Yes, I'm half-heartedly trying to get someone to fix the shower. Yes, I mostly wipe up the cat wee. But I hate tidying. This seems to me like an opportunity to move house.

And whoever I sell to can have the house, plus the furniture and, if we need to clinch the deal, we could even consider throwing in the cat.

No comments: