About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Monday, December 03, 2007

Lounging about

Well, I'm currently sitting in another BA Lounge, but believe it or not, I've booked a complimentary spa for later. Facial, massage... something or other anyway. (And it doesn't even involve prostitutes this time. Probably.)

But for some reason, the Internet in the Heathrow lounge isn't free. Well, that's not quite true. I'm sitting in their business section, on one of the crappy BA PCs and Internet is perfectly free. Slow, but free. Yet, the laptop in my bag and the whizzy wireless that's zipping around my ears are redundant unless I pay money.

So to recap: BA Lounge: alcohol - free, meals - free, Elemis spa - free, yummy little muffins - free, Internet - costs money unless you use a crappy BA machine. Upsettingly I can't get Facebook Scrabble to work, and I can see the next few hours dragging on somewhat.

"So where are you going, Laura?" I can hear you cry. "You mentioned Delhi, and you mentioned packing, but surely you're not taking three suitcases for two days? Even you could pack lighter than that."

You'd be right. Today I am off to Singapore for just over a week, then onto Hong Kong, and finishing up in Delhi just before Christmas. Before you get too excited, it is for work, and there's not much free time built into my schedule. (But yes, I am still quietly excited.)

So, I remembered to leave cheques for the cleaner and turn the heating off. I threw the perishables away out of the fridge. I have arranged for a flat-sitter and Corsa-sitter. (Though I don't expect the Corsa-sitter to sit in the Corsa full-time. It gets chilly in December.) I have even remembered my pyjamas and my toothbrush. I have my passport. I bought aspirin for the flight, so I don't get economy class syndrome (is that possible in business class? Oh poor me...). Yet I know I've forgotten something... Bets please.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Foriegn language phrase book? Did you remember that... although maybe you'll enjoy cat-on-a-stick!
Haha!

Hope you have a fun filled trip... don't work too hard :)

P.S. Opening weekend of my play went very well!

Anonymous said...

Contact details of where you're supposed to be going?

Missing you already! Nice Kate x

Laura said...

Sara - glad your play went well!

Nice Kate - usual contact details apply. Struggling a bit with the work laptop but the Blackberry seems to be working. Or Facebook me!

L x