About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chairman of the Bored

I am still on annual leave. I am liking it very much. Which is a good job, because I have another week and a half left yet. I have lots of things to do, ranging from lunch with friends to installation of exciting electrical equipment. And I need to get new taps fitted, but that's not so exciting. I find the older I get, the more my levels of excitement change. Buying a Nintendo DS is quite exciting, but picking out a paint colour for my kitchen is very exciting indeed.

Perhaps I need this break from work more than I realised.

So, what have I done today? Well, as you know, I tend to live a life based around scandal and intrigue. Today was no exception. I put away some laundry. I spoke to lovely Hazel in New Zealand. I wandered up Roman Road and failed to use a NatWest cashpoint. I made lunch. I ate a Creme Egg. I read On Chesil Beach. I procrastinated about tidying my living room (and continue to do so). I lost at Facebook Scrabble. Again. Twice.

I thought about making a cake but I didn't. I decided to write a novel but realised I'm not very good at it.

It's probably a good job I normally go to work. I will probably return to New York-based anecdotes, just so my poor readership doesn't die of boredom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the stand up comedy, then? Some of us wraiths from your past want to see you get famous and that...

Anonymous said...

Yeah get off your arse and do something like your hard-working brother is.

Anonymous said...

Winner of the Costa Book Award 2007 was/is? a stand-up comedian. I think there is a book in you. You have the experience of stand-up, the brilliant record of happenings from your blog. Costa Book Award 2009 - Laura Nunn?

Hazel's Mum

Laura said...

The stand-up's kind of on hold at the moment. But perhaps I should get working on the writing.

Or I could just watch Sky+.

Hmmm.

L x