About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Balls

"No, I bowl pretty well," I told TheBloke (TM). "I went not that long ago with Nice Kate, and I won. I think I bowled 240."

"240?" asked TheBloke (TM) incredulously. "You do realise 300 is a perfect game? And, not to be mean, but sports aren't really your thing..."

"Well, it might not have been 240," said I. "But I was good. And I hardly used those lane buddy things they have to stop your ball going down the gutter."

Unsurprisingly it was not long before I was challenged to bowling. You see TheBloke (TM) is a) quite athletic and b) a little bit competitive. Still, I was confident in my bowling competency.

Somewhat misguidedly, as it turns out. Do you know what my score was for my first ten frames? For those not in the know, ten frames equals twenty attempts at chucking a ball down an alley and trying to knock over pins. One point per pin. Do you know what my score was after twenty goes at this?

Twenty-fucking-three. Not very close to 240. My second game was better in terms of score (slightly) but worse in terms of health and safety. I don't really want to talk about what TheBloke (TM) termed the "high point of the evening", but it might have involved me dropping the ball the wrong way so it actually rolled behind me and nearly took out a toddler.

Next week, mini golf! I'm really good at mini golf...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha laura you've always sucked at anything vaguely physical.. See video of you learning to rollerskate. Oh dear.
And i thought you meant cricket bowling, which you were also shit at. Oh well.

oh, and monopoly too. Erica will back up that one
bj

Anonymous said...

No Laura, you scored about 70. And yes you won but you were playing a 12 year old and me - and I let you win because you were the visitor and I'm nice like that (hence the name).

Still, you do make a mean jacket potato, and I used your recipe just yesterday. So you don't suck at everything.

Nice Kate x

Anonymous said...

"you don't suck at everything."

What kind of prostitute is she?