About Me

My photo
Feel free to drop me a line at laura.nunn@gmail.com

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Batteries not included

I have only cooked once in the last seven days. TheBloke (TM) is currently on holiday, so is enjoying performing the domestic goddess routine in the flat.

This morning though, I felt I'd been looked after quite enough, and made us some bacon sandwiches. I am nice like that. And - apparently - I make quite a good bacon sandwich. I've had rave reviews from previous patrons of the Laurasplog B&B. I may even have been partly responsible for un-vegetarianing Nice Kate.

So this morning, bacon was cooking and sandwiches were being prepared... and once again the sodding smoke alarm went off.

TheBloke (TM) said, "It's playing our song!"

The fucker. I think the smoke alarm hates me. Still, Jessica the sat nav hates him, and I think that's probably worse. I can't believe appliances are taking sides in this relationship, but I'm really going to get the Sky Plus side to come over to me. He can have the toaster.

No comments: